Good day to you, Funds Fans! Here’s another post that is jam packed with funding action.
The Western Diversification Program (WDP) is the main program through which Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) makes strategic investments in initiatives that enhance and strengthen the economy of Western Canada. Project proposals for WDP are solicited via a Call for Proposals (CFP) issued up to twice per year. Projects involving all industry sectors are considered. Funding under the Western Diversification Program is available to not-for-profit organizations such as:
- Industry associations, community and/or economic development organizations and research organizations;
- Post-secondary institutions; and,
- First nations as represented by their Chief and Council, Tribal Councils and Aboriginal-led not-for-profit associations and organizations.
WD’s next Call for Proposals opens May 1, 2014 and closes May 30, 2014.
The NIKE Foundation is dedicated to unleashing the potential of the 250 million adolescent girls living in poverty through insights-driven innovations, strategic partnership and solutions that can be scaled to enable and equip adolescent girls to realize their potential.
The Nike Foundation has partnered with some of the most respected organizations and leaders in the development community to work toward a shared vision: that adolescent girls are embedded in – and integral to – the eradication of global poverty.
We are seeking strong partners to realize this vision through strategic advocacy at the global and national levels.
Global up to $250,000 for an 18-month period. Proposals should be designed to purpose and not to total budget available.
National up to $150,000 (3-5 organizations in the range of $500,000 for an 18-month period)
The list of activities below is not prescriptive, nor exhaustive, but provides organizations with an idea of the type of activities the Nike Foundation is considering for this initiative:
• Developing and executing an advocacy strategy
• Developing messages, messengers and outreach opportunities
• Developing and producing advocacy and communications materials
• Staff time to track, synthesize and analyze the post-2015 negotiations and to manage relationships with key influencers
• Participation in relevant conferences, events and dialogues
Organizations that wish to apply for funding for both RFPs may do so. Deadline for both funding streams is May 16th, 2014.