Reminder: Only a few days left!

June 29th, 2012: New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) is a federal grants and contributions program that supports projects led or inspired by seniors who make a difference in the lives of others and their communities. Through the NHSP, the Government of Canada encourages seniors to share their knowledge, skills and experiences to the benefit of others. Grants are available for projects that encourage seniors to share their knowledge, skills and experiences with others and help communities increase their capacity to address local issues.Maximum Grant: $25,000. Eligibility includes a wide range of organizations such as: not-for-profit organizations, coalitions and networks, municipal governments, research organizations and institutes, educational institutions (i.e. universities, colleges, CEGEPs), public health and social service institutions, band/tribal councils and other Aboriginal organizations, for-profit enterprises and school boards/school districts.

June 29, 2012: The New Relationship Trust is accepting applications under their First Nation Youth and Policy Development programs. The Youth Grant funding program is for First Nation youth groups and organizations in BC. Maximum grant: $2,000 per project. Priority is given to groups and projects that demonstrate capacity building, leadership or mentorship for First Nation youth in their communities.   Under the Policy Development program, NRT will support up to $50,000 or 75% of eligible project costs (proponents must contribute the other 25%) towards policy development projects for the benefit of BC First Nation communities and citizens.  The Policy Development program is open until funds are exhausted.

June 29th, 2012: The BC Water Sustainability Endowment Grant is supported by the Real Estate Foundation of British Columbia. Amount $3,000.00. The REF will also produce a video about the successful grantee and project. All qualified donees under the Income Tax Act are eligible to apply. The purpose of this grant is to support sustainable real estate and land use practices for the benefit of British Columbians. Because of the Foundation’s “land use” mandate, the focus is on fresh water bodies and watercourses, and the foreshore: where land meets ocean. (Projects focused solely on marine environments are not eligible for support.) The single grant awarded will make a meaningful contribution to support activities that are community-based watershed stewardship and/or promote the sustainable use of fresh water.

June 30th, 2012: Breakfast for Learning is the leading, national non-profit organization solely dedicated to child nutrition programs in Canada. We help raise awareness and educate communities about the vital link between proper nutrition and learning through ongoing program support, training, child nutrition education, resources and research.

There it is, folks! Don’t forget to LIKE us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter @fundsblogger!

Advertisements